Nestled opposite Lake Whetstone across Montgomery Village Avenue, South Valley Park is one of the Village's most inviting parks. It features the Lawn Theater, a new tot lot, walking paths, a gazebo, two softball/baseball fields, nature study, fishing and picnicking.
Parking entrance is on Watkins Mill Road, a few feet east of Watkins Mill Elementary School.
To find out if an event has been cancelled because of the weather, call 240-243-2334 after 5 p.m.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking is available at the site by prior arrangement.
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Concert stage, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Restrooms
- Wi-Fi: None
- Features: Jungle gym, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms
- Ticket information: Summer concerts are free.
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: No
- Private parties: No
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Music specialties: Classical, Jazz, Rock